Published on Aug 31, 2012
On August 24, 2012 Skillset in partnership with Net Balance and ABC Rural presented FACETS 2012, a TEDx styled event that focused on key issues for regional Australia: Food, Agriculture, Climate, Energy, Topsoil and Sustainability.
FACETS 2012 consisted of 16 presentations of no more than 18 minutes each, delivered by passionate and informed people with the aim to empower people, build useful connections and bring about a positive change in our communities.
The FACETS 2012 hub event held at Skillset's Flannery Centre in Bathurst NSW, was linked live to satellite events in regional locations across Australia, this ensured that FACETS 2012 initiated international, national and local conversations worth having.
Apr 10, 2010
Darren Doherty, permaculture designer, discusses ways that permaculture can provide a set of design tools to transition to more regenerative farms connected to local food systems. As Darren says, the ultimate measure of a healthy farm is the ability to provide food and fiber while building soil.
Great talks and much knowledge to be gained in them! Monte
- The Keyline Plan (1954) Online version
- The Challenge of Landscape : the development and practice of keyline (1958). Online version
- The City Forest : The Keyline Plan for the Human Environment Revolution (1971). Online version
- Water for Every Farm: A practical irrigation plan for every Australian property (1973) ISBN 0-646-12954-6/ ISBN 0-909325-29-4.
- P. A. Yeomans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia