Pipe clamp band saw sled mill.
Pipe clamp band saw sled mill, right end.
Pipe clamp band saw sled mill, left end.
36" log held by sled
3 completed slabs, 36" x 2 1/2" x 8"
Big shootout and thanks to Timberframe-tools.com for their post on their making a Bandsaw Milling Sled !!!
With modifications to suit my needs, I made a similar sled.
I utilized 4' x 16" x 3/4" plywood to mount 3/4" x 3/8" x 4' aluminium miter slide on underside.
I added a piece of 3/4" x 5' black pipe, with a deep reach pipe clamp set. I added a 13" x 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" steel angle attached to each clamp end with a set screw shaft collar (1-1/8" ID, 1-3/4" OD). To hold the pipe, I used 4 pipe clamp saddles.
The sled can mill logs up to 54" long and produce slabs, up to 12" wide by various thicknesses.
- Timberframe-tools.com - Bandsaw Milling Sled
- Hines.Farm Blog - Timber Frame Tools Bandsaw Milling Sled
- LaymarCrafts Woodturning - Resawing Log Cutting Sled for the Bandsaw.
- Lumberjocks Post - Resawing Jig for Screwing Log to # 1 # 2 # 3 # 4 # 5 # 6
- Woodworkstuff - Resawing Log Cutting Sled by Mark Marzluf
- Hines Farm Blog: Quartersawing a large red oak
- Hines Farm Blog: Turning Unwanted Wood Products Into Pieces of Art
- Hines Farm Blog: Vissesonce: Turning Wood