I had a couple of the slabs kiln dried, and set out to build a bar top using the largest of the pieces. Unfortunately, there was some rot on one end which couldn't be cut off because I needed the full length of the slab. So I decided to cut out the punky area and put an inlay in its place.
I traced an outline around the rotted area and cut it out freehand using a router. the faces of the slab were planed and sanded smooth.
Inside the barn, I built a pair of support brackets using salvaged barn timbers.
After finishing the slab with Ecoprocote Eco-Tuff Clearcoat, it was set in place and screwed in place from underneath.
In the cut out area, I inserted an inlay using pieces of the Eccorok countertop I had left over from the kitchen countertop project.
NICE WORK! ... Monte